supercats

supercats
(8-4) in the SEC

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Stirring up a Hornets. John Clay Posted Me On His Blog.

Wow, I have really done it this time.  My last article really exploded, thanks to  A Sea of Blue and John Clay.  I could take this time to defend myself, but I think that John will be just fine.  I grew up reading Mr. Clay.  I couldn't wait to get my hands on his stories, he brought fresh perspective...I am sure it was easier to write articles about the teams in the '90's.  So it was an honor to have a page dedicated to me...haha.  There is no such thing as bad publicity.  

And I have been reading A Sea of Blue for over a year, and think they do a great job over there...I love the new website.  A shout out to them for posting a link to TOK.  Hopefully the next one they pull over will be a better crafted argument.

Having said that, the only thing that I regret is writing 'alas'  in regards to Porter.  This is The Optimistic Kat, that shouldn't be in my vocabulary.  Today they played a great game.  UK 77 and UT 58.  Porter's three 3's were great (though I do agree with KSR...Porter's grouping of shots was really bizarre.  It is unusual for a shooter to miss everything and swish the very next one.  But he hit very timely shots... I am so happy for him.  He is becoming the harmonic balancer, lead guard, that we have needed [see my older posts to clarify that I did indeed say this earlier in the year]).  Darius was great, well he was perfect.  Patterson is a force.  Jodie played hard.  We would say he had a quiet game, but he does those little things so well; he is just a work horse.  He wants to make sure the offense flows and he gets his points in the flow.  

I don't think I sat down once during this game.  I was on my feet clapping and fist pumping (My neighbors below us probably hate all the pacing).  WHAT A VICTORY!  It was so great to sweep Tennessee.  I have similar feelings that KSR has toward UT, and they are not warm and fuzzy.  I can root for most teams in the SEC but I would just as soon see UT lose (unless they were playing Duke or North Carolina).

I knew that if the Cats continued to play defense the way they started the game, we would have a chance to route them.  The posture and demeanor of the Vols was one of defeat; Chism was moping most of the day.  And they looked dejected.

I still plan on writing "The Deatheaters" soon so stay tuned.  It is feeling that the local sports media have painted Gillispie in an unrealistic light (or maybe I am viewing him unrealistically).  I understand that when you are at Kentucky that you are under a microscope.  But guys listen, the media and unstable Kentucky Fans, have been ready to ship Billy G. out of town after the Gardner-Webb Loss and the San Diego loss last year.  Even though he turned Crawford and Bradley in to prime time players.  I am frustrated with the media's reaction(s) because we finally get a coach, after 10 years, who actually makes the guys practice and play hard.  The look like they are in great shape and they are athletic.  Give the man a fair shake, can we still give that to people here in Kentucky, especially a coach who is die-hard as we are.  I don't get it.

I am more excited about Kentucky Basketball than I have been since the one who shall not be named coached here.  And would some journalists please ask a real question!  There are rarely good questions being asked.  I can understand why Billy G. gets frustrated with interviews.  He does appear to be a bit more sarcastic in post game interviews after a loss, than a win.  Today, Billy G. talked a lot without being prompted.  That is part of the job and Billy G. does need to "humor" the media.  For more on this you should go to the archives here and pull up, "Laughter is the Best Medicine, A Ocean of Blue,  and A Weak to Get Strong."

Now, before I am labeled, a Gillispie's fan club president.  I don't agree with everything that Gillispie does, but there is so much negativity hanging on the state of Kentucky that it makes frustrated.  I was at the Mississippi State games and the fans were in rare form, yelling and booing.  Kentucky is my team and I am a passionate fan, but I want to give support without tearing down.  I would like to know why that there is no contract for Billy G., but my feeling is that if this were a major concern of the University that it would be taken care of.  But enough already. 

Wow, I have been on here too long...need to go to sleep.  After this week I will be ready to blog away, in preparation for SEC Tourny and March Madness.  Thanks so much to my loyal readers (and to those who are looking for spark to ignite their torches [to run Billy G. out of town.])haha.  Every one have a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment