supercats

supercats
(8-4) in the SEC

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Holy Meeks What a Finish!!! Prayerful Shot Answer's the Question of Our Faith.

Meeks fake drives and pops back into shooting position.  Calathes played perfect defense,  his hand was right near the ball as Jodie was ready to shoot, but he was not going to foul.  Jodie simply pulls the ball to his right shoulder, away from Nick's hands.  It looks as if he was allowing his body to adjust to and to compensate for the momentum carrying him to the right. And he just let it go.  My heart stopped and stayed in my throat.  It was so pure, so right, and so much need.  And my faith was answered with Jodie's prayer.  That shot has been burned in to my mind and my heart forever (well, a long time).  I was thinking that this game may come down to a last second shot and that Jodie should be the man to shoot it.  

The Cats definitely brought it today.  The intensity that they played with was that of warriors.  I know that there was a few times when we got lucky with a missed three on bad defense.  At times the Cats look so out of sync on offense.  You see them drop or miss handle so many questionable passes, that it makes your heart stop a little, but what you see it determination.  7 days off and the Cats are back to competing on every play (nearly every play).  They didn't look like the same defeated team that lost the Miss. State.  They were animals.  They played like Wildcats.

Galloway brought the competition.  The coast to coast slam brought me to the verge of screaming (I was at home and my wife and best friend were watching a TV show and talking, I was watching on the Computer so I was paying them courtesy).  That is how a Div. I point guard takes advantage of being a great athlete.  And then the post up move over two guys.  I expect great things from Galloway the rest of the way this season but next year as well.  Tonight he recorded 6 HUGE points, 8 needed rebounds and 9 assists (to only 4 turnovers).  Guys don't look now but the Cats may have found their rotation at point; Porter and Galloway.

Porter showed why he was recruited as a shooting guard with 3/4 shooting and 9 points.   Perry had 10 points and 8 rebounds and 3 blocks (his 4 turnovers are less than desired but he was solid).  Harrellson's  11 point and 3 rebounds give validity that The Cats need more than a consistent 3 scores but 4 or 5.  That would make us a force to be reckoned with in the future.

Tomorrow I will come back and discuss the nature of Hodge's un-sportsmanlike conduct and Patterson's ankle.  I do not wish to speculate on such an injury until the jury is in.  We will know more tomorrow.  

It was a great game and a jolt of confidence for the Cats.  Oh, and they are back on top of the East..."We will return."-Billy G.

No comments:

Post a Comment