supercats

supercats
(8-4) in the SEC

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Day After, Still Just as Sweet.

First I need to correct an error that I made on my last post.  It was Galloway that made the last second foul and not Meeks.  

I just got finished watching some hightlights, that last shot was just a great shot.  Guts and sheer determination willed it in.  Billy G. entertained the media with his witty remark on how the play was designed.

There are just a few numbers that were very interesting.  Florida shot 40.7% FG for the game, 28.6% from 3, and 65.4% from free throws.  Those numbers aren't bad but the Cats shot 47.3% FG, 41.2% from 3, but a paltry 56.3 from the free throw line.  It has a tops turvy feel to win a game with a free throw percentage not close to 80.  But a win is a win is a win. 

What is up with the hostility this year;  Hodge's stepping on Perry's arm.  Asbury stepping of Budinger's head.  Why would these players even think that it is ok or that they can get by with it.  Was Lattner their childhood hero?  Just play the game and stop trying be a thug.  You're in college, supposedly better yourself and improving your education, that means that learning progressive thinking and philosophy.  I know that I graduated a few years ago ( '06) but I don't remember Dr. Dre or 50 cent giving any lectures or publishing any university level curriculum.

I don't think that you can say enough about Nick Calathes.  He is not the greatest athlete (but he is athletic no doubt).  He is able to get around his man, and get to where he needs to go.  He appears to have the entire court memorized and knows exactly where he is and where all of his players are at all times.  I don't think he is the most dominate player on the floor.  But he does all the little intricate basketball details and dirty work and at the end of the game when you add all of those up, it usually ends up producing a win.  I was very impressed with this strength and poise (he was able to to the basket when he needed to and get tough, tough lay ups...and 1 circus shot).  I know this is a Cat blog but I was so impressed that I took a paragraph to give some respect to a great player.  I will say that I am so glad that he missed those free throws.  (71% on the year).  He ended with 33, but he was 3 points shy of being the Hero, that role belongs to Jodie Meeks.

Patterson is day to day with his ankle and IT IS ONLY sprained.  We, here at TOK, are hoping for a speedy recover.  Patrick is such a force that I can't wait to see what he can produce as the Cats (Porter, Harrellson, and Galloway) continue to plow up fallow ground.  Opening up the inside and the outside for both Patterson and Meeks.  "This party is going to be crazy!"  A classic line from Nacho Libre.

That is all that I have for today.  I love basking in the glow of a victory.  Now, off to sleep and to dream of hoops.


No comments:

Post a Comment