supercats

supercats
(8-4) in the SEC

Saturday, January 24, 2009

It's Game Day Baby!

It is Saturday. That is reason enough to celebrate and then put a Kentucky game on top of that is, well...GREAT. I do need to ask forgiveness for not having pre-game day, I was working hard with Scribing and watching children last night. The Elders and Deacons at New Horizons Church are having a weekend-get-away and their children need to be supervised.  It was a great time.  I taught them so simple fundamentals of basketball on a plastic roll-away kid's backboard and goal.  A few of the kids were very talented, while others have a way to go.  But if I were to actually teach them, I would say in a year they would be able to beat any kids on their street.  lol.  I always tell people that I can have them shooting correctly and with confidence in a mere three months, but with kids I would need a year...they were not so much with the dribbling, more of just running with the ball and shooting.  When they did dribble it was with both hands and lots of traveling, but a great time nonetheless.  Just a great bunch of kids to spend friday and saturday with, really enjoyed myself.  I will not be back till Monday to comment of the upcoming Tuesday game and just some "bandwagon news" from around the nation.  'Till then...'be careful' (that was not a threat)

No comments:

Post a Comment