supercats

supercats
(8-4) in the SEC

Friday, March 13, 2009

What a day! UK loses. USC loses. It is raining on my Vacation. But 1973-74 season gives me hope.

I  am having trouble with the blog today...I can't get the second part of my blog going.  But I am hating the lose today.  I love the black uniforms.  I hate to sound like a broken record but I still Gillispie is the coach but he needs a harmonic balancer or a play maker.  We don't have that yet.  The real difference between this year and last year is that both Ramel and Joe were both play makers.  This year we have had only one Jodie and when they shadow him then there is no way to score points except in transition and off screens.  

Consider this scenario:  Patterson, Meeks, Stevenson come back for next season.  Enter Jon Hood and Daniel Orton and GJ Vilarno.   DeAndre and AJ blossom.  Kentucky is back in limelight.  Oh, yeah and Mike Porter back as a senior 2 guard to knock down three's.  I am telling you that next season is going to be a great ride.

Next point.  I think that going to the NIT is not the worst thing.  remember that we what happened after Joe B. Hall's first season.  The second season  73-74' he went 13-13.  What would have happened if he would have been fired or let go.  We would have never had our 5 national title.  But he recruited well and built the program up.  And he followed the baron in the brown suit.  All is not lost.

Hopefully, I can get the PART II  put out.  Big Blue Nation rest well tonight and await Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment