supercats

supercats
(8-4) in the SEC

Monday, February 2, 2009

Tired, Stiff, and in Pain but A Smile on My Face

Write it Down! What a night. I haven't played ball in 6 months or so and I did great. Well, to be completely honest my dribbling and lay-ups were very unattractive but my 3-ball was singing; 8 of 15 in three games. Not to bad. My signature fade away over a bigger center in the lane (my first shot actually, a nice way to start off). Then there was a funky scoop shot that went down...oh, yeah I had a 10-foot bank shot that went in. I know that is a lot of meaningless information but I was playing with a group of guys that I didn't know and in an unfamiliar gym, sometimes you get out of whack. But more importantly I had a blast. It was so much fun, even though during the second game I was in need of a repirator and some oxygen. Just getting in the groove and flowing again; picking out the defenses and setting screens, cutting and hit the cutter, curling out for a three and pulling in the rebound. What a joy this game is; an ochestra in motion. I will sleep good tonight and will be ready for tomorrow...You don't know....

I scored tickets to the Miss St. game tomorrow. I know you think that something shady is going on but I assure you that everything is legit. The coolest part is that this will be Nina's very first game in Rupp. I don't know if we will see a barn burner like the USC game (I for one hope for a blow out, on UK's side...I would love to see a good thrashing) but the just being there is amazing. You can't get that experience on TV (but you can't get up to go to the bathroom or get a coke without taking 10 mins or so to do it at your house... it's all give and take.)

I remember my first time at Rupp. I was sitting on the sidelines, doing my journalistic thing..."The College Report." I had had big dreams of starting a TV show on the local cable channel. It was going to incorporate highlights from every sport at UK. The goal was to show it on campus as well. But between working full-time at ExpressJet and going to school full-time, I didn't have time to do any of it. The dream died. Now I think the dream can be revived with this Blog. I may once again be on the sidelines taking pictures and reporting "LIVE FROM RUPP ARENA." Well, I am off to do some scribing. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment